Robert’s practice specialises in the placement of W&I insurance on UK and international private equity and M&A transactions. Robert has placed numerous policies for a range of clients, including corporates, institutional investors, management teams, and private equity investee companies.
Robert’s recent experience includes:
- Working with Sidley Austin in structuring a W&I policy for Judges Scientific plc, in respect of their acquisition of Geotek Holding Limited and Geotek Coring Limited.
- Working with Addleshaw Goddard in structuring a W&I policy for Bridges Fund Management in respect of their acquisition of a majority stake in Evora Global.
- Working with CMS in structuring a W&I policy for Dye & Durham, in respect of their investment in TM Group.
- Working with RWA Raiffeisen Ware Austria AG, in respect of their acquisition of Patent Co., from Abris Capital Partners.
- Working with H2 Equity Partners, in respect of their carve-out acquisition of Acal BFi, from discover IE Group plc. HWF were involved on both sides of the transaction, working with White & Case (acting for discoverIE Group plc) and Macfarlanes (acting for H2 Equity Partners).
- Working on structuring a W&I policy for PaintWell’s acquisition of Kent Blaxill & Co Ltd. HWF were involved on both sides of the transaction, working with Grant Thornton UK and Birkett Long (sell-side advisors) and Womble Bond Dickinson (buy-side advisor).
- Working with Pinsent Masons and Arup in structuring a W&I policy for UBS Asset Management Real Estate & Private Markets (UBS REPM), in respect of their acquisition of Datum Datacentres.
- Working with Downing Renewables & Infrastructure Trust in structuring a W&I policy for Downing’s acquisition of Gabrielsberget Syd Vind AB, the owner and operator of a 20 wind turbine site Gabrielsberget in Sweden.
Prior to joining HWF Robert spent over six years as a corporate lawyer with Travers Smith and McDermott Will & Emery. During this time he advised on all aspects of corporate law, with a particular focus on UK and international private equity and M&A transactions, acting primarily for financial sponsors, management teams, and founders.
Robert subsequently spent a year as a divisional director in the transactional risk team at a global insurance and re-insurance broker, during which time he helped provide insurance solutions for M&A transactions, including warranty and indemnity, tax liability and contingent liability.
Back to team