Ellie has considerable experience advising on and arranging bespoke insurance solutions for M&A transactions. Her practice specializes in the placement of W&I insurance and related products for UK and European M&A transactions. Ellie works on transactions across a range of sectors, with a particular focus on private equity, healthcare, real estate and renewable energy.
Ellie works with a variety of clients, including corporates, institutional investors, management teams, and private equity investee companies.
Ellie’s recent experience includes:
- Working with key clients and partners, Allen & Overy and Italy’s Business Integration Partners in structuring a W&I policy for the acquisition of Chaucer from Growth Capital Partners.
- Working with Wren House Infrastructure in connection with its second social infrastructure acquisition, buying UK specialist care provider Voyage Care from Partners Group and Duke Street.
- Working with SSE Utility Solutions Limited in structuring a buy-side W&I policy for the acquisition of two fully consented solar PV projects in the UK.
- Working with key clients and partners Sandvik and Norton Rose Fulbright in structuring a W&I policy for the acquisition of DSI Underground, the global leader in ground support and reinforcement products, systems and solutions for the underground mining and tunnelling industries.
- Working with Alpha Real Capital and Lux Nova Partners Limited in structuring a buy-side W&I policy for the acquisition of a 61.5MW portfolio of operational solar PV projects in the UK from Innova Energy Limited.
- Working with Access PaySuite, a division of software provider The Access Group in connection with its acquisition of digital payments operator Pay360. Involvement included advising on and structuring a W&I policy, working with key advisory partner, Travers Smith.
- Working with NTR and Pinsent Masons LLP in structuring a buy-side W&I policy for the acquisition of a pre-construction solar farm in the UK from REG Power Management.
- Working with Alpha Real Capital, a specialist manager of secure income real assets, on their purchase of three UK wind farm projects, involving key advisory partner Lux Nova Partners, the specialist renewable energy law firm. HWF’s involvement included advising on and structuring buyer’s W&I policies and title policies.
- Worked with Alpha Real Capital on their purchase of a 9.2MWp onshore wind portfolio of 14 turbines located in Cumbria, working with key advisory partner CMS. HWF’s involvement included advising on and structuring a buy-side W&I policy.
- Working with WhiteCity Investments in structuring a W&I policy on their acquisition of two UK based care homes.
Since joining HWF, Ellie has advised on over 400 transactions, structuring over 140 insurance backed solutions on deals ranging in value from the low millions to several billions. Ellie has worked on deals in a broad range of sectors including private equity, real estate, healthcare, infrastructure and renewable energy.
Prior to joining HWF, Ellie worked at the Financial Ombudsman Service within the insurance disputes team.
Back to team