Director, Co-Head of Private Equity
David is the Co-Head of Private Equity at HWF with responsibility for maintaining relationships with our private equity clients and their advisors and developing HWF’s private equity business.
David’s practice primarily focuses on advising global private equity clients and their investee companies on M&A transactions, placement of W&I and contingent risk policies and guiding them through the transactional risk market. David has placed numerous policies for private equity clients and their investee companies, corporates, institutional investors and management teams.
David’s recent experience includes:
- Advising CVC Capital Partners, alongside Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, in structuring a W&I policy for CVC Fund VIII’s agreed acquisition of Away Resorts. Further advised CVC Capital Partners and Away Resorts on the structuring of W&I policies for the subsequent agreements to acquire Coppergreen Leisure Resorts and Aria Resorts.
- Advising Flutter Entertainment Plc and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer on procuring a program of insurance for a buyer’s W&I policy in relation to the acquisition of Tombola Limited.
- Advising Intermediate Capital Group and Ropes & Gray on procuring a W&I policy in relation to ICG’s acquisition of Travel Chapter, one of the UK’s leading holiday rental platforms.
- Advising Bain Capital Credit alongside Willkie Farr & Gallagher on the placement of a W&I policy for the acquisition of the Gail’s Bakery chain.
- Procuring a seller-initiated buyer’s W&I policy for the sale of Pulsant Group Holdings Limited to Antin Infrastructure Partners. Advised Pulsant and its shareholders and Ropes & Gray on the sell-side as well Antin and their advisors, Goodwin Procter, on the buy side.
- Working with long standing advisory partner Addleshaw Goddard in structuring a W&I policy for Bridges Fund Management in respect of their acquisition of a majority stake in Evora Global.
- Advising Culina Group and their advisors, Eversheds Sutherland, on the placement of a W&I policy for the acquisition of GreenWhiteStar Acquisitions which comprises Eddie Stobart, Eddie Stobart Europe, iForce, The Pallet Network, and The Logistics People.
- Working with key clients CVC Capital Partners and advisors Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer to place a W&I policy for the acquisition by CVC portfolio company, System C Healthcare, of Wellsky International.
- Advising a sovereign wealth client in connection with the acquisition of a North African generics pharmaceutical business and placement of a buy-side W&I policy.
- Advising a private equity client on the acquisition of an operator of a global sub-sea cable network and the placement of a buy-side W&I policy.
David spent 10 years as a private equity lawyer in London with Travers Smith and Willkie Farr & Gallagher. During this time he advised private equity and venture capital clients and management teams on domestic and international transactions including buy outs, co-investments, minority investments, restructurings and equity incentivizations.
David subsequently spent a year as in house M&A counsel with ION Group during which he was exposed to transactions in the financial technology sector.
Back to team